I missed the broadcast of this one, but you can find a box score here and Dejan’s Post-Gazette writeup here.
Like the 2002 All-Star game, today’s exhibition ended in a tie after the teams ran out of pitchers. The game was knotted at eight after 10 innings.
- If Eldred hits a homer every game, can we trade him to an American League team that needs a DH? He’ll never make it as a first baseman. Tracy would use him less often than Craig Wilson.
- Javier Guzman should be making his way to minor-league camp within the next few days, I’d guess. Another error today. Can’t hit, can’t field, can’t run. But we knew that already.
- Salomon Torres bounced back from a tough first outing to pitch a perfect inning against Toronto. If the Bucs are going to win, he, John Grabow and Matt Capps need to be nearly flawless in the eighth and ninth.
- Neil Walker with another hit, this time a double. Slowly but surely…
- Bryan Bullington with another solid inning, albeit against a bunch of no-namers. Right now, Indy’s rotation reads Youman, Bullington, Kuwata, Burnett, Van Benschoten (at least if I’m writing it). There’s a lot more baseball to be played, though, and Yoslan Herrera’s name certainly could be added to the mix.
- Zack Duke with an iffy outing, but I won’t start to worry until the third or fourth time through, I think.
The Phillies come to Bradenton tomorrow afternoon.Pirates Prospects is FREE today in honor of the Wild Card game. You get special access to all of our content, which is typically reserved only for subscribers. We cover the Pirates 365 days a year, with live coverage all throughout the playoffs, and off-season coverage of the minor league players in the Arizona Fall League and Winter Leagues. During the season we average well over 6 articles per day on the Pirates. This is the best stop if you're a hardcore Pirates fan, and the subscription prices are very low.
Our lowest rates are $2.22 per month under our Top Prospect Plan, which also gets you a FREE copy of the 2016 Prospect Guide -- a book that features profiles on every prospect in the system. We also have a promotion with DraftKings where you can get a FREE one-year subscription to the site by signing up as a new DraftKings customer and making a $5 minimum deposit. Subscribe today for our full playoff coverage, and all of our daily coverage of the Pirates' system.