Because of a glut of outfielders, the Oakland A's have designated Milton Bradley for assignment. I want him on the Pirates.
Why do I want him? Because I think Milton Bradley has some good baseball left in him. Because I think he brings an anger and a passion (though he's been accused of loafing) that is severely lacking in the Pirates clubhouse.
Pros and Cons of getting him, starting with the pros:
1. He's played for Jim Tracy
2. He's a talented player
3. Management is familiar with him as he was one of several players on the Pirates short wish list before they traded for Matt Lawton
4. He lives by a simple creed. That maybe isn't really a simple creed. Clark Griswold's creed in the first Vacation movie, "Pretty much go for it"
On with the cons
1. He's slightly crazy. Not Carl Everett-crazy, but enough that he's clashed with teammates, opponents, umpires and sometimes the crowd at nearly every stop
2. The whole issue of loafing. Jeff Kent accused him of loafing when they were teammates...
Randy is currently living and thriving in suburban Dayton, OH with his wife and two kids. He was raised in Cincinnati, OH and attended Anderson High School. He went to Miami University (Ohio) and received a degree in Paper Science Engineering from MU. He is a devout Christian and a pop culture buff. He coaches his son’s baseball and basketball teams and his daughters softball and basketball teams. Randy has been a Pirates fan since the late 1970s and has fond memories of the 1979 World Series team. He began blogging for Most Valuable Network in 5/2004 after stumbling across a help-wanted sign for a Pirates blogger. He wrote for Pittsburgh Lumber Co. until the site merged with Pirates Prospects in 2/2011.