Last night on the big, big Sportsocracy show, we talked at length about the Pirates’ ineptitude.
(You can listen to the recording at your leisure. There were a few four-letter words tossed around, so be careful around the kids. Thanks as always to those guys for having me on.)
Maybe halfway through the hour, we started discussing the “We Will” marketing slogan the Pirates have used for the past season and a half. It’s a topic that made the Post-Gazette recently, and it caught national attention on Yahoo! Sports.
In a recent column, Jeff Passan asked readers to fill in the blank—We Will What?
Yesterday, he revealed the best answers:
- “We will be drunk by the fifth inning.” Cade Cridland
- “We will have short lines to the restrooms.” Dan R.
- “We will take your money but we won’t spend it.” Tom Gigliotti
- “We will long for Mario Mendoza’s return.” Jim Schweinberg
- “We will continue to support our local doctors and surgeons by refusing to change our minor league pitching mechanics, workouts and pitch counts.” Dan
- “We will have a better slogan next year.” Larry Lahargoue
All I can say is “I Will” have a longer post up tomorrow taking a look at the first half of the season.