2009 Pittsburgh Pirates Top Prospects Consensus
1. To get the averages, I counted every site once. The exceptions were Baseball America, Baseball Prospectus, and Minor League Ball. Baseball America and Baseball Prospectus received more weight, while Minor League Ball received half a point.
2. I counted Minor League Ball half in part due to the extremely low ranking of Brad Lincoln, but also due to this comment on their site:
“As usual, don’t sweat so much about where the Grade C+/C types rank exactly on this list. After I get past the top 10 I don’t worry so much about exact placement, since I’m trying to concentrate on the book right now. Some of the Grade C guys could be C+ in the book, and vice versa.”
Basically after the top 4, everyone was ranked a C+ or a C, which means at this point I’m not weighing those rankings heavily. I will reconsider if they release an updated ranking list.
3. I have the top 31 Baseball America rankings, but due to this being content from their book, I’m not going to publish the 11-31 rankings.
4. More rankings will be added later, including my own top 20 prospects, and my top 20 players in the Pirates system. Feel free to suggest a set of rankings.
5. Links to the rankings listed above: