The 2011 Pirates Prospects Annual is here. The Annual is a PDF e-book, and it consists of 151 full-color pages filled with in-depth Pittsburgh Pirates content. It can be yours for the one-time cost of $5, and you can purchase the file via PayPal by simply clicking the link at the end of this post. Once your payment is received, you will receive an email containing a link to download the Annual. If you do not receive this email after making your purchase, please check your spam folder. A few people have asked about getting a paperback version of the Annual, so I am looking into making that happen. Assuming everything works out as planned, the paperback version will likely cost around $20. I will let everyone know if/when it becomes available. Here are a few things you will find in the Annual.
- Profiles and 2011 projections for all players on the 40-man roster, plus bonus profiles for non-roster players who have received an invite to the major league portion of spring training
- Full career projections for Andrew McCutchen, Pedro Alvarez, Jose Tabata and Neil Walker, plus extensive analysis on the results
- Projected platoon splits for major league position players
- A detailed look at how the Pirates compare to the 24 teams that reached the postseason in 2008 – 2010, broken down by offense, defense, starting pitching and relief pitching
- A comprehensive review of the “Five-Year Plan,” the Pirates failed rebuilding attempt of 1996
- An extensive look at Andrew McCutchen’s defense (Is he as bad as his UZR indicates?)
- Projected 2011 win total
- And more…
Click here for a free ten-page preview of the book. If you have any questions or comments about the book, feel free to leave them in the comments section. You can also send me a message on Twitter (@MBandi) or shoot me an email (email@example.com).