This Friday is the deadline for the Pittsburgh Pirates, and every other major league team, to fill out their 40-man rosters and protect players from the 2011 Rule 5 draft. The Pirates currently have five open spots on the 40-man roster which can be used to protect players who are eligible for the draft. They can also clear extra roster spots if they need to protect more than five players.
We’ve talked about the Rule 5 draft a lot on this site. Now is your chance to predict what happens and possibly win a free Pirates Prospects 2012 Prospect Guide. All you have to do is predict every player who will be protected by the Pirates for the Rule 5 draft. The rules and how to enter are as follows.
Copy and paste the following in to the comments, and fill in your answers.
Players to be Protected:
Tiebreaker - What time will the announcement be made?
1. You must list every player who gets protected. Your entry will lose if you don’t name a player, or if you name a player who isn’t protected. A full list of the available players can be found here.
2. Only one entry per person.
3. Your prediction must be made in the comments below, and you must include an e-mail address (so that I can contact the winner).
4. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by a tiebreaker. The tiebreaker will be based on the time I receive the press release, and not the time the announcement is posted on the site or Twitter. The tiebreaker will be in Eastern Standard Time.
5. Predictions must be made by midnight EST on Friday (one minute after 11:59 PM EST on Thursday night).
6. Changes to your original answer will be accepted up until the deadline.
The winner will receive one free copy of the 2012 Prospect Guide, which will be released in mid-December. You can currently pre-order your copy of the Prospect Guide, which is expected to ship a week before Christmas.