According to Baseball America, the Pirates have released four minor league pitchers. The four are right-handers Mitchell Fienemann, Jarryd Sullivan, and Joe Parsons, and left-hander Diomedes Mateo. None of the four had advanced far in the team’s farm system. Fienemann, one of the Pirates’ first signees out of Australia, spent one year in the Gulf Coast League and two with State College in the New York-Penn League, going a combined 5-11 with five saves and a 3.73 ERA. Sullivan, another Australian, missed all of 2011 due to injury. He divided 2010 between the GCL and State College, going 3-4 with a 4.46 ERA. Parsons was signed out of Virginia Tech as an undrafted free agent shortly after the 2011 draft. He figured from the start to be an organizational player. In 18 relief appearances in the GCL, he went 1-3 with two saves and a 5.33 ERA. Mateo was signed out of the Dominican Republic. He originally signed under the name Yoldi Sierra, as he falsified both his name and age, leading to a one-year suspension. He pitched mainly in the GCL in 2011, going 3-2 with a 5.36 ERA. He threw one scoreless inning at State College.
Pirates Game Recaps
Prospect Watch: Gregory Polanco and Alen Hanson Combine For Eight Hits
Top Pitcher: David Bromberg, Top Hitter: Gregory Polanco, HR: Andrew Lambo, Jarek Cunningham, Charlie Cutler, Justin Howard, Gregory Polanco, Elias Diaz, Dan Grovatt
Minor League Schedule
Minor League Schedule: Glasnow Starts Tonight, Morning Start For Altoona
5/23/13 Starters: Brandon Cumpton, Casey Sadler, Adrian Sampson, Tyler Glasnow
- Minor League Schedule: Glasnow Starts Tonight, Morning Start For Altoona
- First Pitch: Do the Pirates Need to Make Any Trades This Year?
- Francisco Liriano Digs Up A Gem In 1-0 Pirates Win
- Prospect Watch: Gregory Polanco and Alen Hanson Combine For Eight Hits
- Draft Notes: Jim Callis Draft Chat Recap and News
- Pirates Notebook: Snider’s Slam Swing Sustains Strong Start
- Is Stetson Allie a Future All-Star, Platoon Player, or Minor League Director?
- Prospect Notebook: Jerry Sands Could Be a Good In-Season Addition For the Pirates