Pittsburgh Pirates outfield prospect Starling Marte, who was hit on the hand by a pitch in the 2nd inning of last night’s game, has had X-rays that turned out negative. His right hand is bruised and swollen, but there was no sign of a fracture. It will still be a few days before the swelling goes down enough for him to bat and throw. In the meantime, he will be available to pinch-run for Indianapolis.
Pirates Game Recaps
Prospect Watch: Kingham and Taillon Have Good Starts While Cole Gets Hammered
TOP OF THE SYSTEM A look at how the current top 20 prospects did today. Note that this list doesn’t include players currently in the majors. If a player is… Read more »
Minor League Schedule
Minor League Schedule: Rodriguez Looks To Continue Recent Hot Streak
5/20/13 Starters: Brooks Brown, Stolmy Pimentel, Eliecer Navarro, Joely Rodriguez
- John Sickels Releases His Latest Mock Draft
- Minor Moves: Alex Dickerson Placed on the Altoona DL With a Concussion
- After a Rough Start, Alen Hanson Has Done a Complete 180
- Top Performers: Nick Kingham Continues His Impressive Season With Bradenton
- Top Performers: Do the Pirates Have Anything With Felix Pie?
- First Pitch: The Altoona Four – Where Are They Now?
- Barmes Makes Adjustment, Improves at the Plate
- Minor League Schedule: Rodriguez Looks To Continue Recent Hot Streak