The Pirates today released the 2013 regular season schedule.
The Bucs open up the season at PNC Park versus Chicago Cubs on Monday, April 1. In addition there will be a total of 39 N.L. Central Divisional home games throughout the regular season — including the first nine home games of the season — against the St. Louis Cardinals, Chicago Cubs, Milwaukee Brewers and Cincinnati Reds as the five teams battle for the divisional crown.
Some highlights of the 2013 regular season include:
• April 1 thru April 4 vs. Chicago Cubs – Opening series against the Cubs.
• May 3 thru May 8 – A five-game homestand with the Washington Nationals and Seattle Mariners, who will
make their first trip to PNC Park since the 2004 season.
• May 29 and May 30 – As part of Major League Baseball’s new Interleague schedule, the Pirates will host a
two-game series versus new Interleague rival the Detroit Tigers as part of a four-game home-and-home
series that week.
• July 2 thru July 4 – A three-game series against in-state rival the Phillies featuring a special holiday matchup
on July 4.
• July 8 thru July 10 – Interleague play continues as the Oakland Athletics visit for a three-game set for their
second visit to PNC Park.
• September 12 thru September 22 – The final homestand of the regular season will have key divisional
matchups against the Cubs and Reds, in addition to a series vs. the Padres.
Next year will mark the first time that the A.L. and the N.L. will have 15 teams apiece as the Houston Astros shift to the American League West and each of the six divisions will have five clubs for the first time ever. As a result of the odd number of teams in each league, Interleague Play will be played throughout the entire regular season. Each Club will play 20 Interleague games. These 20 Interleague games will be played in eight series – four at home and four on the road. Also as part of the new Interleague format, the Pirates will play their designated Interleague rival the Detroit Tigers in back-to-back two-game series spanning both cities.
Our lowest rates are $2.22 per month under our Top Prospect Plan, which also gets you a FREE copy of the 2016 Prospect Guide -- a book that features profiles on every prospect in the system. We also have a promotion with DraftKings where you can get a FREE one-year subscription to the site by signing up as a new DraftKings customer and making a $5 minimum deposit. Subscribe today for our full playoff coverage, and all of our daily coverage of the Pirates' system.