The Pittsburgh Pirates have announced that Duke Welker is the PTBNL going to the Minnesota Twins in the Justin Morneau trade. This isn’t news, as we knew about this back when the trade was made. Welker couldn’t be traded during the season due to the waiver process, and had to wait until the season was over and the waiver trading period was finished. The Pirates sent Alex Presley and Welker to the Twins in the deal.
Author: Tim Williams
Tim is the owner and editor in chief of Pirates Prospects. He started the site in January 2009, and turned it into his full time job during the 2011 season. Prior to starting Pirates Prospects, Tim worked with AccuScore.com, providing MLB, NHL, and NFL coverage to various national media outlets, including ESPN Insider, USA Today, Yahoo Sports, and the Wall Street Journal. He also writes the annual Prospect Guide, which is sold through the site. Tim lives in Bradenton, where he provides live coverage all year of Spring Training, mini camp, instructs, the Bradenton Marauders, and the GCL Pirates.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- Update on Luis Heredia’s Shoulder
- Prospect Watch: Irwin and Rodriguez Have Bad Starts, Polanco Continues Streak
- Draft Prospect Watch: Jake Stinnett Makes Huge Jump From Last Year
- Prospect Highlights: Gregory Polanco’s Second Homer of the Year
- First Pitch: How Good Would Gregory Polanco Have to Be to Justify Super Two Status?
- Minor League Schedule: Rodriguez and Irwin Set For Sunday
- Prospect Watch: Four Hits, Including a Homer For Gregory Polanco, Heredia Hurt
- Draft Prospect Watch: Monte Harrison Moves Into Pirates Range
- Minor Moves: Vin Mazzaro Added to Indianapolis
- Andrew McCutchen Back in the Lineup Tonight After Leaving Early Last Night