Pittsburgh Pirates 2013 40-Man Payroll Projection
- All salaries in bold are official.
- Players who are shaded are on the 60-day disabled list.
- All ages are as of the start of the 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates season.
- Players in the minor leagues make $39,950 in their first year on the 40-man roster, $79,900 in their second year, and $119,850 in their third year. Any player with major league service time makes at least $79,900, regardless of how many years of service.
- AST stands for Approximate Service Time. It is calculated as years.days, which means one year and 32 days would look like: 1.032. A year of service time is 172 days.
- These figures don’t include potential performance bonuses. Performance bonuses, when achieved, will be added in the “Other Expenses” section.