Back in 2011 this site was just starting to become my full time job. During that year I gave the site a new look, complete with a new logo that I designed with my limited photoshop skills. There were two goals for the logo: something simple, and to change the old logo, which used the same font the Pirates had. I didn’t know about the legality of that old logo, but I didn’t want to run into any future issues.
The logo hasn’t really changed since the 2011 season, although the site has grown a lot since then. I made a slight adjustment to the logo this past year, with the only change being the removal of the big “P” and a new color for the text. I get the occasional comment from readers who offer to create a new logo for the site. It’s something I’ve considered in the past, especially after seeing the success that MLBTR had by doing a logo contest and soliciting reader submissions.
I’ve decided to do a contest for a new logo. The prize if your logo is selected is $50. Here are the rules.
- It should be an original design – it doesn’t have to look like the current logo, and it shouldn’t try to mimic the Pirates’ logo.
- No player photos in the logo.
- The colors can include black and gold, but don’t have to include black and gold.
- Needs a transparent background.
- Size: 341×120 pixels. Also a much larger size that can be used in the Prospect Guide.
- Email your entry to email@example.com and enter as many as you’d like. Please get them in by next Friday (3/7).