The Pirates have acquired OF Keon Broxton from the Arizona Diamondbacks in exchange for a player to be named. Broxton will begin the season with the Altoona Curve. He spent the 2013 season in Double-A, hitting for a .231/.296/.359 line in 334 at-bats. Broxton was a 3rd round pick in the 2009 draft, but looks to be more of an organizational player at this point. He turns 24 in May, and was likely brought in to serve as a bench player in Altoona.
Author: Tim Williams
Tim is the owner and editor in chief of Pirates Prospects. He started the site in January 2009, and turned it into his full time job during the 2011 season. Prior to starting Pirates Prospects, Tim worked with AccuScore.com, providing MLB, NHL, and NFL coverage to various national media outlets, including ESPN Insider, USA Today, Yahoo Sports, and the Wall Street Journal. He also writes the annual Prospect Guide, which is sold through the site. Tim lives in Bradenton, where he provides live coverage all year of Spring Training, mini camp, instructs, the Bradenton Marauders, and the GCL Pirates.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- Allie and Heredia Headline Mexican Winter League Roster Loaded With Pirates
- Josh Harrison Out of the Lineup Today After Being a Gametime Decision
- Morning Report: Checking the Progress of the 2012 Draft Class
- First Pitch: How Much Did the Pirates’ Payroll Increase in 2014?
- Morning Report: Best OPS Doesn’t Always Equal Best Prospect
- First Pitch: Why You Never Really Give Up On Prospects
- Links: The Amazing John Holdzkom Story, and a Guide to Scouting
- Carlos Munoz Named to the GCL All-Star Team
- Pirates Still in Playoff Picture, Thanks to Horrible Second NL Wild Card Race
- Austin Meadows Was Impressive in His Short Time With West Virginia