The Pirates have acquired OF Keon Broxton from the Arizona Diamondbacks in exchange for a player to be named. Broxton will begin the season with the Altoona Curve. He spent the 2013 season in Double-A, hitting for a .231/.296/.359 line in 334 at-bats. Broxton was a 3rd round pick in the 2009 draft, but looks to be more of an organizational player at this point. He turns 24 in May, and was likely brought in to serve as a bench player in Altoona.
Author: Tim Williams
Tim is the owner and editor in chief of Pirates Prospects. He started the site in January 2009, and turned it into his full time job during the 2011 season. Prior to starting Pirates Prospects, Tim worked with AccuScore.com, providing MLB, NHL, and NFL coverage to various national media outlets, including ESPN Insider, USA Today, Yahoo Sports, and the Wall Street Journal. He also writes the annual Prospect Guide, which is sold through the site. Tim lives in Bradenton, where he provides live coverage all year of Spring Training, mini camp, instructs, the Bradenton Marauders, and the GCL Pirates.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- Minor League Schedule: Doubleheader For Indianapolis, Joely Rodriguez Goes In Altoona
- Prospect Watch: A Good Report on the Defense From JaCoby Jones
- Minor Moves: Three Catchers on the Move, Edwin Espinal to Disabled List
- Prospect Highlights: Double From Gregory Polanco, Home Run By Stetson Allie
- First Pitch: Shifting Has Become Very Common in Baseball
- Prospect Watch: Three Hits Each For Alen Hanson and Gregory Polanco
- Minor League Schedule: Zack Dodson Looks to Put Oblique Injury Behind Him
- Brandon Cumpton to be the 26th Man, Nevin Ashley Could Come Up
- Russell Martin Expects to Return From the DL on Wednesday
- Draft Prospect Watch: Keep an Eye on Kentucky’s A.J. Reed