The Pittsburgh Pirates have activated Chris Stewart from the 15-day disabled list, and have optioned Tony Sanchez to Triple-A. The move was expected, once Stewart returned from his knee injury, which he suffered during Spring Training. I broke down the reasons for sending down Sanchez for Stewart about two weeks ago.
Author: Tim Williams
Tim is the owner and editor in chief of Pirates Prospects. He started the site in January 2009, and turned it into his full time job during the 2011 season. Prior to starting Pirates Prospects, Tim worked with AccuScore.com, providing MLB, NHL, and NFL coverage to various national media outlets, including ESPN Insider, USA Today, Yahoo Sports, and the Wall Street Journal. He also writes the annual Prospect Guide, which is sold through the site. Tim lives in Bradenton, where he provides live coverage all year of Spring Training, mini camp, instructs, the Bradenton Marauders, and the GCL Pirates.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- Success in Upcoming Road Trip Could Have Pirates Projected For the Playoffs
- The Approach That Has Tenth Round Pick Alex McRae Off to a Good Start
- Prospect Highlights: Alex McRae, and a Few 2014 Draft Picks With Great Plate Patience
- First Pitch: As Expected, Trades For Starting Pitchers Will Probably Cost a Ton
- Minor League Schedule: Chad Kuhl Has Everything Working For Him This Year
- Prospect Watch: Nick Kingham’s Dominating Start Goes Downhill Quick
- Injury Updates: Harold Ramirez, Connor Joe, Barrett Barnes, Austin Coley
- Pirates Don’t Seem to Like A.J. Burnett’s 2015 Salary
- Andrew Lambo off to a hot start after return from thumb injury
- Prospect Highlights: Back-to-Back-to-Back Homers in Altoona