The Pittsburgh Pirates have activated Chris Stewart from the 15-day disabled list, and have optioned Tony Sanchez to Triple-A. The move was expected, once Stewart returned from his knee injury, which he suffered during Spring Training. I broke down the reasons for sending down Sanchez for Stewart about two weeks ago.
Author: Tim Williams
Tim is the owner and editor in chief of Pirates Prospects. He started the site in January 2009, and turned it into his full time job during the 2011 season. Prior to starting Pirates Prospects, Tim worked with AccuScore.com, providing MLB, NHL, and NFL coverage to various national media outlets, including ESPN Insider, USA Today, Yahoo Sports, and the Wall Street Journal. He also writes the annual Prospect Guide, which is sold through the site. Tim lives in Bradenton, where he provides live coverage all year of Spring Training, mini camp, instructs, the Bradenton Marauders, and the GCL Pirates.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- Michael Martinez and Chris McGuiness Clear Waivers
- Allie and Heredia Headline Mexican Winter League Roster Loaded With Pirates
- Josh Harrison Out of the Lineup Today After Being a Gametime Decision
- Morning Report: Checking the Progress of the 2012 Draft Class
- First Pitch: How Much Did the Pirates’ Payroll Increase in 2014?
- Morning Report: Best OPS Doesn’t Always Equal Best Prospect
- First Pitch: Why You Never Really Give Up On Prospects
- Links: The Amazing John Holdzkom Story, and a Guide to Scouting
- Carlos Munoz Named to the GCL All-Star Team
- Pirates Still in Playoff Picture, Thanks to Horrible Second NL Wild Card Race