The Pittsburgh Pirates have activated Chris Stewart from the 15-day disabled list, and have optioned Tony Sanchez to Triple-A. The move was expected, once Stewart returned from his knee injury, which he suffered during Spring Training. I broke down the reasons for sending down Sanchez for Stewart about two weeks ago.
Author: Tim Williams
Tim is the owner and editor in chief of Pirates Prospects. He started the site in January 2009, and turned it into his full time job during the 2011 season. Prior to starting Pirates Prospects, Tim worked with AccuScore.com, providing MLB, NHL, and NFL coverage to various national media outlets, including ESPN Insider, USA Today, Yahoo Sports, and the Wall Street Journal. He also writes the annual Prospect Guide, which is sold through the site. Tim lives in Bradenton, where he provides live coverage all year of Spring Training, mini camp, instructs, the Bradenton Marauders, and the GCL Pirates.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- Pirates Sign Corey Hart, DFA Preston Guilmet
- The 2015 Prospect Guide is Now Available as an eBook
- Winter Leagues: Big Game From Edwin Espinal, Bryan Sousa Makes His Debut
- First Pitch: The 2015 Prospect Guide is Now Available
- Winter Leagues: Willy Garcia Homers, Shows Improvements at the Plate
- First Pitch: A Different and Easier Approach to the Pitching Staff This Year
- Edinson Volquez Agrees to Deal With Royals
- Winter Leagues: Two Doubles From Pedro Florimon, Nunez Homers
- The 2015 Prospect Guide Will Be Available This Week
- The Rumors About the Marlins Being Interested in Pedro Alvarez Can Be Put to Rest