The Pittsburgh Pirates have activated Chris Stewart from the 15-day disabled list, and have optioned Tony Sanchez to Triple-A. The move was expected, once Stewart returned from his knee injury, which he suffered during Spring Training. I broke down the reasons for sending down Sanchez for Stewart about two weeks ago.
Author: Tim Williams
Tim is the owner and editor in chief of Pirates Prospects. He started the site in January 2009, and turned it into his full time job during the 2011 season. Prior to starting Pirates Prospects, Tim worked with AccuScore.com, providing MLB, NHL, and NFL coverage to various national media outlets, including ESPN Insider, USA Today, Yahoo Sports, and the Wall Street Journal. He also writes the annual Prospect Guide, which is sold through the site. Tim lives in Bradenton, where he provides live coverage all year of Spring Training, mini camp, instructs, the Bradenton Marauders, and the GCL Pirates.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- Seven Pirates In MLB.com’s Top 100 Prospects List
- Pirates Purchase Independent League Catcher
- Pirates Sign Josh Wall to Minor League Deal With Spring Training Invite
- Pirates Sign Chris Volstad to Minor League Deal
- Will the Pirates See Any Drop Off Going From Travis Snider to Andrew Lambo?
- Pittsburgh Pirates 2015 Top Prospects: #6 – Nick Kingham
- Keith Law’s Top Ten Pirates Prospects
- First Pitch: Here is Why Projection Systems Will Be Low on the Pirates For the 2015 Season
- Jake Elmore Sent Outright to Indianapolis
- More Praise For Alen Hanson