The Pittsburgh Pirates have activated Jeff Locke from the 15-day disabled list, and have optioned him to Indianapolis. Locke made his final rehab start on Wednesday night, striking out ten batters in six innings in Bradenton. I wrote about how Locke looked during that start. Yesterday I asked whether Locke had a spot in the Pirates’ rotation. At the moment there isn’t a spot open for him, which is why this move isn’t much of a surprise. However, if Wandy Rodriguez continues to struggle, Locke could be one of the challengers for his rotation spot.
Author: Tim Williams
Tim is the owner and editor in chief of Pirates Prospects. He started the site in January 2009, and turned it into his full time job during the 2011 season. Prior to starting Pirates Prospects, Tim worked with AccuScore.com, providing MLB, NHL, and NFL coverage to various national media outlets, including ESPN Insider, USA Today, Yahoo Sports, and the Wall Street Journal. He also writes the annual Prospect Guide, which is sold through the site. Tim lives in Bradenton, where he provides live coverage all year of Spring Training, mini camp, instructs, the Bradenton Marauders, and the GCL Pirates.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- Prospect Highlights: Double From Gregory Polanco, Home Run By Stetson Allie
- First Pitch: Shifting Has Become Very Common in Baseball
- Prospect Watch: Three Hits Each For Alen Hanson and Gregory Polanco
- Minor League Schedule: Zack Dodson Looks to Put Oblique Injury Behind Him
- Brandon Cumpton to be the 26th Man, Nevin Ashley Could Come Up
- Russell Martin Expects to Return From the DL on Wednesday
- Draft Prospect Watch: Keep an Eye on Kentucky’s A.J. Reed
- Prospect Reports: Phil Irwin Getting Back the Feel For His Pitches
- Podcast: Previewing the Pirates-Yankees Series With River Avenue Blues
- Prospect Highlights: Keon Broxton Continues to Hit, Walk-Off For Indianapolis