During Wednesday’s afternoon game against the Cincinnati Reds, Jose Tabata collided with the left field wall after he made a catch in the fifth inning. After being attended to in the outfield by the trainer, Tabata was removed from the game with mild concussion-like symptoms according to the Pittsburgh Pirates. Starling Marte, who was given the day off to start the game, replaced him in the field.
Author: John Dreker
John was born in Kearny, NJ, hometown of the 2B for the Pirates 1909 World Championship team, Dots Miller. In fact they have some of the same relatives in common, so it was only natural for him to become a lifelong Pirates fan. Before joining Pirates Prospects in July 2010, John had written numerous articles on the history of baseball while also releasing his own book and co-authoring another on the history of the game. He writes a weekly article on Pirates history for the site, has already interviewed many of the current minor leaguers with many more on the way and follows the foreign minor league teams very closely for the site. John also provides in person game reports of the West Virginia Power and Altoona Curve.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- Winter Leagues: Gorkys Hernandez Helps Team to Caribbean Series
- Seven Pirates In MLB.com’s Top 100 Prospects List
- Pirates Purchase Independent League Catcher
- Pirates Sign Josh Wall to Minor League Deal With Spring Training Invite
- Pirates Sign Chris Volstad to Minor League Deal
- Will the Pirates See Any Drop Off Going From Travis Snider to Andrew Lambo?
- Pittsburgh Pirates 2015 Top Prospects: #6 – Nick Kingham
- Keith Law’s Top Ten Pirates Prospects
- First Pitch: Here is Why Projection Systems Will Be Low on the Pirates For the 2015 Season
- Jake Elmore Sent Outright to Indianapolis