During Wednesday’s afternoon game against the Cincinnati Reds, Jose Tabata collided with the left field wall after he made a catch in the fifth inning. After being attended to in the outfield by the trainer, Tabata was removed from the game with mild concussion-like symptoms according to the Pittsburgh Pirates. Starling Marte, who was given the day off to start the game, replaced him in the field.
Author: John Dreker
John was born in Kearny, NJ, hometown of the 2B for the Pirates 1909 World Championship team, Dots Miller. In fact they have some of the same relatives in common, so it was only natural for him to become a lifelong Pirates fan. Before joining Pirates Prospects in July 2010, John had written numerous articles on the history of baseball while also releasing his own book and co-authoring another on the history of the game. He writes a weekly article on Pirates history for the site, has already interviewed many of the current minor leaguers with many more on the way and follows the foreign minor league teams very closely for the site. John also provides in person game reports of the West Virginia Power and Altoona Curve.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- The Approach That Has Tenth Round Pick Alex McRae Off to a Good Start
- Prospect Highlights: Alex McRae, and a Few 2014 Draft Picks With Great Plate Patience
- First Pitch: As Expected, Trades For Starting Pitchers Will Probably Cost a Ton
- Minor League Schedule: Chad Kuhl Has Everything Working For Him This Year
- Prospect Watch: Nick Kingham’s Dominating Start Goes Downhill Quick
- Injury Updates: Harold Ramirez, Connor Joe, Barrett Barnes, Austin Coley
- Pirates Don’t Seem to Like A.J. Burnett’s 2015 Salary
- Andrew Lambo off to a hot start after return from thumb injury
- Prospect Highlights: Back-to-Back-to-Back Homers in Altoona
- Minor Moves: Orlando Castro Placed on the Altoona DL