During Wednesday’s afternoon game against the Cincinnati Reds, Jose Tabata collided with the left field wall after he made a catch in the fifth inning. After being attended to in the outfield by the trainer, Tabata was removed from the game with mild concussion-like symptoms according to the Pittsburgh Pirates. Starling Marte, who was given the day off to start the game, replaced him in the field.
Author: John Dreker
John was born in Kearny, NJ, hometown of the 2B for the Pirates 1909 World Championship team, Dots Miller. In fact they have some of the same relatives in common, so it was only natural for him to become a lifelong Pirates fan. Before joining Pirates Prospects in July 2010, John had written numerous articles on the history of baseball while also releasing his own book and co-authoring another on the history of the game. He writes a weekly article on Pirates history for the site, has already interviewed many of the current minor leaguers with many more on the way and follows the foreign minor league teams very closely for the site. John also provides in person game reports of the West Virginia Power and Altoona Curve.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- Winter Leagues: Willy Garcia Homers, Shows Improvements at the Plate
- First Pitch: A Different and Easier Approach to the Pitching Staff This Year
- Edinson Volquez Agrees to Deal With Royals
- Winter Leagues: Two Doubles From Pedro Florimon, Nunez Homers
- The 2015 Prospect Guide Will Be Available This Week
- The Rumors About the Marlins Being Interested in Pedro Alvarez Can Be Put to Rest
- First Pitch: Looking at the Pirates Starting Pitching Depth in 2015 and Beyond
- Francisco Liriano’s Contract Details
- Notes: Ray Searage on Cole and Morton; Holdzkom’s Focus, Polanco in Right Field
- Winter Leagues: Alen Hanson Makes a Brief Return to the Lineup, Valle Leaves With Hand Injury