Over the past weekend, the Pittsburgh Pirates were swept in a three game series by the Milwaukee Brewers. It was the first series loss of the season for the Pirates, and dropped them to .500. Last night the Pirates returned home to face the Brewers in a new series. This time around they won 11-2, thanks to four home runs and strong pitching from Edinson Volquez. Here is a photo recap from last night, with some thoughts on a few of the key players. All photos are from our photographer, David Hague, and you can see the rest of his shots on his Facebook page.
Author: Tim Williams
Tim is the owner and editor in chief of Pirates Prospects. He started the site in January 2009, and turned it into his full time job during the 2011 season. Prior to starting Pirates Prospects, Tim worked with AccuScore.com, providing MLB, NHL, and NFL coverage to various national media outlets, including ESPN Insider, USA Today, Yahoo Sports, and the Wall Street Journal. He also writes the annual Prospect Guide, which is sold through the site. Tim lives in Bradenton, where he provides live coverage all year of Spring Training, mini camp, instructs, the Bradenton Marauders, and the GCL Pirates.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- First Pitch: Did the Pirates Make a Mistake Trading Snider, Or Are They Selling High?
- Travis Snider Traded to Orioles For Stephen Tarpley and a PTBNL
- Pirates Will Have Five Spring Training Games Broadcast on ROOT Sports
- Pittsburgh Pirates 2015 Top Prospects: #9 – Cole Tucker
- First Pitch: How the Pitch Clock Could Affect Rehab Assignments and Other Scenarios
- The Other Tall, Hard-Throwing Pirates Pitcher Returning From Tommy John Surgery
- Pittsburgh Pirates 2015 Top Prospects: #10 – Elias Diaz
- Winter Leagues: Gorkys Hernandez Homers, Shows Off Great Defense (With Video)
- First Pitch: MLB’s Biggest Problem Has Nothing to Do With Pitch Clocks or Defensive Shifts
- New MLB Commissioner Wants to End Defensive Shifts