Over the past weekend, the Pittsburgh Pirates were swept in a three game series by the Milwaukee Brewers. It was the first series loss of the season for the Pirates, and dropped them to .500. Last night the Pirates returned home to face the Brewers in a new series. This time around they won 11-2, thanks to four home runs and strong pitching from Edinson Volquez. Here is a photo recap from last night, with some thoughts on a few of the key players. All photos are from our photographer, David Hague, and you can see the rest of his shots on his Facebook page.
Author: Tim Williams
Tim is the owner and editor in chief of Pirates Prospects. He started the site in January 2009, and turned it into his full time job during the 2011 season. Prior to starting Pirates Prospects, Tim worked with AccuScore.com, providing MLB, NHL, and NFL coverage to various national media outlets, including ESPN Insider, USA Today, Yahoo Sports, and the Wall Street Journal. He also writes the annual Prospect Guide, which is sold through the site. Tim lives in Bradenton, where he provides live coverage all year of Spring Training, mini camp, instructs, the Bradenton Marauders, and the GCL Pirates.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- AFL: Joely Rodriguez Finishes on a Sour Note, Elias Diaz Reaches Base Three Times
- Notes: Cervelli Trade History, Future of Ike Davis, d’Arnaud Signs With Phillies
- Pirates One of Four Teams Still in the Mix For Russell Martin
- First Pitch: Bye, Bye, Russell Martin? And Other Analysis on the Francisco Cervelli Trade
- Pirates Acquire Francisco Cervelli From Yankees In Exchange For Justin Wilson
- AFL: Tyler Glasnow’s Final Start Doesn’t Go Well
- Vance Worley and Jared Hughes Are Super Two Eligible
- Ike Davis Getting Work in the Outfield
- Tyler Glasnow and Gregory Polanco Highlight MiLB’s Organization All-Star List
- Winter Leagues: Tony Sanchez Headed to the Dominican