Over the past weekend, the Pittsburgh Pirates were swept in a three game series by the Milwaukee Brewers. It was the first series loss of the season for the Pirates, and dropped them to .500. Last night the Pirates returned home to face the Brewers in a new series. This time around they won 11-2, thanks to four home runs and strong pitching from Edinson Volquez. Here is a photo recap from last night, with some thoughts on a few of the key players. All photos are from our photographer, David Hague, and you can see the rest of his shots on his Facebook page.
Author: Tim Williams
Tim is the owner and editor in chief of Pirates Prospects. He started the site in January 2009, and turned it into his full time job during the 2011 season. Prior to starting Pirates Prospects, Tim worked with AccuScore.com, providing MLB, NHL, and NFL coverage to various national media outlets, including ESPN Insider, USA Today, Yahoo Sports, and the Wall Street Journal. He also writes the annual Prospect Guide, which is sold through the site. Tim lives in Bradenton, where he provides live coverage all year of Spring Training, mini camp, instructs, the Bradenton Marauders, and the GCL Pirates.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- First Pitch: As Expected, Trades For Starting Pitchers Will Probably Cost a Ton
- Minor League Schedule: Chad Kuhl Has Everything Working For Him This Year
- Prospect Watch: Nick Kingham’s Dominating Start Goes Downhill Quick
- Injury Updates: Harold Ramirez, Connor Joe, Barrett Barnes, Austin Coley
- Pirates Don’t Seem to Like A.J. Burnett’s 2015 Salary
- Andrew Lambo off to a hot start after return from thumb injury
- Prospect Highlights: Back-to-Back-to-Back Homers in Altoona
- Minor Moves: Orlando Castro Placed on the Altoona DL
- First Pitch: More of This From Liriano and Fixing the Competitive Balance Lottery
- Prospect Watch: Jason Creasy Goes Over 43 Innings Without Issuing a Walk