Over the past weekend, the Pittsburgh Pirates were swept in a three game series by the Milwaukee Brewers. It was the first series loss of the season for the Pirates, and dropped them to .500. Last night the Pirates returned home to face the Brewers in a new series. This time around they won 11-2, thanks to four home runs and strong pitching from Edinson Volquez. Here is a photo recap from last night, with some thoughts on a few of the key players. All photos are from our photographer, David Hague, and you can see the rest of his shots on his Facebook page.
Author: Tim Williams
Tim is the owner and editor in chief of Pirates Prospects. He started the site in January 2009, and turned it into his full time job during the 2011 season. Prior to starting Pirates Prospects, Tim worked with AccuScore.com, providing MLB, NHL, and NFL coverage to various national media outlets, including ESPN Insider, USA Today, Yahoo Sports, and the Wall Street Journal. He also writes the annual Prospect Guide, which is sold through the site. Tim lives in Bradenton, where he provides live coverage all year of Spring Training, mini camp, instructs, the Bradenton Marauders, and the GCL Pirates.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- Prospect Reports: Phil Irwin Getting Back the Feel For His Pitches
- Podcast: Previewing the Pirates-Yankees Series With River Avenue Blues
- Prospect Highlights: Keon Broxton Continues to Hit, Walk-Off For Indianapolis
- First Pitch: The Pirates Short and Long Term at Shortstop
- Prospect Watch: Locke and Glasnow Pitch Well; Three Hits For Polanco
- Minor League Schedule: A.J. Morris Has Been Impressive This Season
- Draft Prospect Watch: Updates For Players Linked to Pirates First Round Pick
- First Mock Draft From Jonathan Mayo Has a Familiar Name For Pirates
- Baseball America’s Second Mock Draft Has Pirates Going With Monte Harrison
- Pittsburgh Pirates Positive Regression Candidates: Jordy Mercer