Only one highlight this morning, but it’s a good one. Last night Gregory Polanco had a two RBI infield single to first base, giving the Indians a 6-4 lead in the sixth inning. That ended up being the deciding factor in this game. There are a lot of notable things about this play. First of all, it was a chopper to first base, with Polanco beating the pitcher to the bag. I shouldn’t be impressed at this point by Polanco beating out grounders to the right side of the infield, since he does it on a routine basis. But every time he does it, I’m amazed at the speed. Furthermore, the timing of the hit was great, as the Indians had two outs. If Polanco doesn’t reach, the score is still tied 4-4. On the back end of the play, great hustle by Michael Martinez, who scored from second base easily on the infield single, giving the Indians an extra run. Here is a look at the play.
Author: Tim Williams
Tim is the owner and editor in chief of Pirates Prospects. He started the site in January 2009, and turned it into his full time job during the 2011 season. Prior to starting Pirates Prospects, Tim worked with AccuScore.com, providing MLB, NHL, and NFL coverage to various national media outlets, including ESPN Insider, USA Today, Yahoo Sports, and the Wall Street Journal. He also writes the annual Prospect Guide, which is sold through the site. Tim lives in Bradenton, where he provides live coverage all year of Spring Training, mini camp, instructs, the Bradenton Marauders, and the GCL Pirates.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- Pirates and Phillies Continue to Discuss A.J. Burnett
- Prospect Highlights: A GCL Pitcher Showing Improvements After a Solid Rookie Season
- First Pitch: Looking at the Seller’s Market Trade Values For David Price and Jon Lester
- Prospect Watch: Willy Garcia Homers, Casey Sadler Continues Recent Slump
- Minor League Schedule: John Kuchno is Getting Better as the Season Moves Along
- Pirates Have Two High Level Scouts Watching David Price and Jon Lester
- Success in Upcoming Road Trip Could Have Pirates Projected For the Playoffs
- The Approach That Has Tenth Round Pick Alex McRae Off to a Good Start
- Prospect Highlights: Alex McRae, and a Few 2014 Draft Picks With Great Plate Patience
- First Pitch: As Expected, Trades For Starting Pitchers Will Probably Cost a Ton