Yesterday I joked that this feature would soon have to be re-named “Polanco Highlights”. That’s close to becoming true. Part of the reason Polanco has dominated this highlight feature is because Indianapolis is the only club in the system that has TV and uploads media for each game. But you have to be productive to have a highlight, and Polanco has done just that. He’s got a ten game hitting streak, and he’s showing off all of his tools in the last week. Here are two more highlights.
Author: Tim Williams
Tim is the owner and editor in chief of Pirates Prospects. He started the site in January 2009, and turned it into his full time job during the 2011 season. Prior to starting Pirates Prospects, Tim worked with AccuScore.com, providing MLB, NHL, and NFL coverage to various national media outlets, including ESPN Insider, USA Today, Yahoo Sports, and the Wall Street Journal. He also writes the annual Prospect Guide, which is sold through the site. Tim lives in Bradenton, where he provides live coverage all year of Spring Training, mini camp, instructs, the Bradenton Marauders, and the GCL Pirates.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- Prospect Reports: Phil Irwin Getting Back the Feel For His Pitches
- Podcast: Previewing the Pirates-Yankees Series With River Avenue Blues
- Prospect Highlights: Keon Broxton Continues to Hit, Walk-Off For Indianapolis
- First Pitch: The Pirates Short and Long Term at Shortstop
- Prospect Watch: Locke and Glasnow Pitch Well; Three Hits For Polanco
- Minor League Schedule: A.J. Morris Has Been Impressive This Season
- Draft Prospect Watch: Updates For Players Linked to Pirates First Round Pick
- First Mock Draft From Jonathan Mayo Has a Familiar Name For Pirates
- Baseball America’s Second Mock Draft Has Pirates Going With Monte Harrison
- Pittsburgh Pirates Positive Regression Candidates: Jordy Mercer