The Pittsburgh Pirates have released right-handed pitcher Cody Eppley, according to an Indianapolis Indians press release. The reliever was signed as a minor league free agent over the off-season, and pitched 14 innings with the Triple-A squad this year. He had a 6.43 ERA in those innings, with an 8:9 K/BB ratio. Eppley is a 28-year-old sidearm pitcher who has good velocity, but has struggled the last few years with his control in the upper levels.
Author: Tim Williams
Tim is the owner and editor in chief of Pirates Prospects. He started the site in January 2009, and turned it into his full time job during the 2011 season. Prior to starting Pirates Prospects, Tim worked with AccuScore.com, providing MLB, NHL, and NFL coverage to various national media outlets, including ESPN Insider, USA Today, Yahoo Sports, and the Wall Street Journal. He also writes the annual Prospect Guide, which is sold through the site. Tim lives in Bradenton, where he provides live coverage all year of Spring Training, mini camp, instructs, the Bradenton Marauders, and the GCL Pirates.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- First Pitch: Are the Pirates Limited to the Second Wild Card Spot?
- Michael Martinez and Chris McGuiness Clear Waivers
- Allie and Heredia Headline Mexican Winter League Roster Loaded With Pirates
- Josh Harrison Out of the Lineup Today After Being a Gametime Decision
- Morning Report: Checking the Progress of the 2012 Draft Class
- First Pitch: How Much Did the Pirates’ Payroll Increase in 2014?
- Morning Report: Best OPS Doesn’t Always Equal Best Prospect
- First Pitch: Why You Never Really Give Up On Prospects
- Links: The Amazing John Holdzkom Story, and a Guide to Scouting
- Carlos Munoz Named to the GCL All-Star Team