The Pittsburgh Pirates have released right-handed pitcher Cody Eppley, according to an Indianapolis Indians press release. The reliever was signed as a minor league free agent over the off-season, and pitched 14 innings with the Triple-A squad this year. He had a 6.43 ERA in those innings, with an 8:9 K/BB ratio. Eppley is a 28-year-old sidearm pitcher who has good velocity, but has struggled the last few years with his control in the upper levels.
Author: Tim Williams
Tim is the owner and editor in chief of Pirates Prospects. He started the site in January 2009, and turned it into his full time job during the 2011 season. Prior to starting Pirates Prospects, Tim worked with AccuScore.com, providing MLB, NHL, and NFL coverage to various national media outlets, including ESPN Insider, USA Today, Yahoo Sports, and the Wall Street Journal. He also writes the annual Prospect Guide, which is sold through the site. Tim lives in Bradenton, where he provides live coverage all year of Spring Training, mini camp, instructs, the Bradenton Marauders, and the GCL Pirates.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- Winter Leagues: Willy Garcia Homers, Shows Improvements at the Plate
- First Pitch: A Different and Easier Approach to the Pitching Staff This Year
- Edinson Volquez Agrees to Deal With Royals
- Winter Leagues: Two Doubles From Pedro Florimon, Nunez Homers
- The 2015 Prospect Guide Will Be Available This Week
- The Rumors About the Marlins Being Interested in Pedro Alvarez Can Be Put to Rest
- First Pitch: Looking at the Pirates Starting Pitching Depth in 2015 and Beyond
- Francisco Liriano’s Contract Details
- Notes: Ray Searage on Cole and Morton; Holdzkom’s Focus, Polanco in Right Field
- Winter Leagues: Alen Hanson Makes a Brief Return to the Lineup, Valle Leaves With Hand Injury