The Pittsburgh Pirates have released right-handed pitcher Cody Eppley, according to an Indianapolis Indians press release. The reliever was signed as a minor league free agent over the off-season, and pitched 14 innings with the Triple-A squad this year. He had a 6.43 ERA in those innings, with an 8:9 K/BB ratio. Eppley is a 28-year-old sidearm pitcher who has good velocity, but has struggled the last few years with his control in the upper levels.
Author: Tim Williams
Tim is the owner and editor in chief of Pirates Prospects. He started the site in January 2009, and turned it into his full time job during the 2011 season. Prior to starting Pirates Prospects, Tim worked with AccuScore.com, providing MLB, NHL, and NFL coverage to various national media outlets, including ESPN Insider, USA Today, Yahoo Sports, and the Wall Street Journal. He also writes the annual Prospect Guide, which is sold through the site. Tim lives in Bradenton, where he provides live coverage all year of Spring Training, mini camp, instructs, the Bradenton Marauders, and the GCL Pirates.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- Vance Worley and Jared Hughes Are Super Two Eligible
- Ike Davis Getting Work in the Outfield
- Tyler Glasnow and Gregory Polanco Highlight MiLB’s Organization All-Star List
- Winter Leagues: Tony Sanchez Headed to the Dominican
- First Pitch: Re-Creating Russell Martin in the Aggregate
- AFL: Two Hits For Josh Bell In Scottsdale Loss
- Cardinals Sign Dean Anna to a Major League Deal
- Pirates Acquire Right-Handed Pitcher Rob Scahill From the Rockies
- Pirates Will Acquire a Catcher if Russell Martin Signs Elsewhere
- Winter League: Willy Garcia Homers, Continues Hot Streak