The Pittsburgh Pirates announced that infielder Dean Anna has cleared waivers and he was outrighted to the Indianapolis Indians. Anna was removed from the 40-man roster to make room for Jayson Nix, who was picked up on Sunday. Anna was playing for Indianapolis at the time, where he was hitting .186/.368/.302 in 19 games since the Pirates picked him up on waivers from the Yankees in early July.
Author: John Dreker
John was born in Kearny, NJ, hometown of the 2B for the Pirates 1909 World Championship team, Dots Miller. In fact they have some of the same relatives in common, so it was only natural for him to become a lifelong Pirates fan. Before joining Pirates Prospects in July 2010, John had written numerous articles on the history of baseball while also releasing his own book and co-authoring another on the history of the game. He writes a weekly article on Pirates history for the site, has already interviewed many of the current minor leaguers with many more on the way and follows the foreign minor league teams very closely for the site. John also provides in person game reports of the West Virginia Power and Altoona Curve.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- First Pitch: Re-Creating Russell Martin in the Aggregate
- AFL: Two Hits For Josh Bell In Scottsdale Loss
- Cardinals Sign Dean Anna to a Major League Deal
- Pirates Acquire Right-Handed Pitcher Rob Scahill From the Rockies
- Pirates Will Acquire a Catcher if Russell Martin Signs Elsewhere
- Winter League: Willy Garcia Homers, Continues Hot Streak
- First Pitch: Pirates Could Have 3 of the Top 32 Picks, Plus $9 M to Spend in 2015 Draft
- AFL: Josh Bell Continues to Struggle on Offense and Defense in 8-4 Loss
- Francisco Liriano and Russell Martin Reject Qualifying Offers
- The 2015 Predicted Free Agent Prices For Martin, Liriano, and Volquez