The Pittsburgh Pirates announced that infielder Dean Anna has cleared waivers and he was outrighted to the Indianapolis Indians. Anna was removed from the 40-man roster to make room for Jayson Nix, who was picked up on Sunday. Anna was playing for Indianapolis at the time, where he was hitting .186/.368/.302 in 19 games since the Pirates picked him up on waivers from the Yankees in early July.
Author: John Dreker
John was born in Kearny, NJ, hometown of the 2B for the Pirates 1909 World Championship team, Dots Miller. In fact they have some of the same relatives in common, so it was only natural for him to become a lifelong Pirates fan. Before joining Pirates Prospects in July 2010, John had written numerous articles on the history of baseball while also releasing his own book and co-authoring another on the history of the game. He writes a weekly article on Pirates history for the site, has already interviewed many of the current minor leaguers with many more on the way and follows the foreign minor league teams very closely for the site. John also provides in person game reports of the West Virginia Power and Altoona Curve.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- Video Highlights For Jung-Ho Kang
- Pirates Win the Bidding For Korean Infielder Jung-Ho Kang
- Pirates Sign Three International Players
- Winter Leagues: Playoff Teams Are Set in the Dominican
- Comparing Corey Hart and Gaby Sanchez
- Winter Leagues: Four Hits From Edwin Espinal, Rojas and Diaz Reach Base Three Times
- Pirates Release Josh Lindblom, Who Will Go to Korea
- Winter Leagues: Stolmy Pimentel Throws Six Shutout Innings
- Pirates Sign Corey Hart, DFA Preston Guilmet
- The 2015 Prospect Guide is Now Available as an eBook