The Pittsburgh Pirates announced that infielder Dean Anna has cleared waivers and he was outrighted to the Indianapolis Indians. Anna was removed from the 40-man roster to make room for Jayson Nix, who was picked up on Sunday. Anna was playing for Indianapolis at the time, where he was hitting .186/.368/.302 in 19 games since the Pirates picked him up on waivers from the Yankees in early July.
Author: John Dreker
John was born in Kearny, NJ, hometown of the 2B for the Pirates 1909 World Championship team, Dots Miller. In fact they have some of the same relatives in common, so it was only natural for him to become a lifelong Pirates fan. Before joining Pirates Prospects in July 2010, John had written numerous articles on the history of baseball while also releasing his own book and co-authoring another on the history of the game. He writes a weekly article on Pirates history for the site, has already interviewed many of the current minor leaguers with many more on the way and follows the foreign minor league teams very closely for the site. John also provides in person game reports of the West Virginia Power and Altoona Curve.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- First Pitch: Are the Pirates Limited to the Second Wild Card Spot?
- Michael Martinez and Chris McGuiness Clear Waivers
- Allie and Heredia Headline Mexican Winter League Roster Loaded With Pirates
- Josh Harrison Out of the Lineup Today After Being a Gametime Decision
- Morning Report: Checking the Progress of the 2012 Draft Class
- First Pitch: How Much Did the Pirates’ Payroll Increase in 2014?
- Morning Report: Best OPS Doesn’t Always Equal Best Prospect
- First Pitch: Why You Never Really Give Up On Prospects
- Links: The Amazing John Holdzkom Story, and a Guide to Scouting
- Carlos Munoz Named to the GCL All-Star Team