The Pittsburgh Pirates announced that infielder Dean Anna has cleared waivers and he was outrighted to the Indianapolis Indians. Anna was removed from the 40-man roster to make room for Jayson Nix, who was picked up on Sunday. Anna was playing for Indianapolis at the time, where he was hitting .186/.368/.302 in 19 games since the Pirates picked him up on waivers from the Yankees in early July.
Author: John Dreker
John was born in Kearny, NJ, hometown of the 2B for the Pirates 1909 World Championship team, Dots Miller. In fact they have some of the same relatives in common, so it was only natural for him to become a lifelong Pirates fan. Before joining Pirates Prospects in July 2010, John had written numerous articles on the history of baseball while also releasing his own book and co-authoring another on the history of the game. He writes a weekly article on Pirates history for the site, has already interviewed many of the current minor leaguers with many more on the way and follows the foreign minor league teams very closely for the site. John also provides in person game reports of the West Virginia Power and Altoona Curve.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- First Pitch: How the Pitch Clock Could Affect Rehab Assignments and Other Scenarios
- The Other Tall, Hard-Throwing Pirates Pitcher Returning From Tommy John Surgery
- Pittsburgh Pirates 2015 Top Prospects: #10 – Elias Diaz
- Winter Leagues: Gorkys Hernandez Homers, Shows Off Great Defense (With Video)
- First Pitch: MLB’s Biggest Problem Has Nothing to Do With Pitch Clocks or Defensive Shifts
- New MLB Commissioner Wants to End Defensive Shifts
- Winter Leagues: Valle Returns to Action, Kennelly Helps Perth Clinch Playoff Spot
- Top 20 Pirates Prospect List From John Sickels Has Some Interesting Rankings
- Josh Bell Named Top First Base Prospect
- Pittsburgh Pirates 2015 Top Prospects: #11 – Harold Ramirez