Relief pitcher Josh Wall has cleared waivers, and has been outrighted to Triple-A, the Pirates have announced. The right-hander was claimed off waivers from the Angels back in May. He put up a 3.22 ERA in 22.1 innings with Indianapolis, along with an 8.9 K/9 and a 3.6 BB/9 ratio. Wall was designated for assignment last week, making room on the 40-man roster for the recently claimed Angel Sanchez. He will be eligible for minor league free agency by the end of the year unless he’s added to the 40-man roster again.
Author: Tim Williams
Tim is the owner and editor in chief of Pirates Prospects. He started the site in January 2009, and turned it into his full time job during the 2011 season. Prior to starting Pirates Prospects, Tim worked with AccuScore.com, providing MLB, NHL, and NFL coverage to various national media outlets, including ESPN Insider, USA Today, Yahoo Sports, and the Wall Street Journal. He also writes the annual Prospect Guide, which is sold through the site. Tim lives in Bradenton, where he provides live coverage all year of Spring Training, mini camp, instructs, the Bradenton Marauders, and the GCL Pirates.
Help Pirates Prospects Grow
- The 2015 Prospect Guide is Now Available as an eBook
- Winter Leagues: Big Game From Edwin Espinal, Bryan Sousa Makes His Debut
- First Pitch: The 2015 Prospect Guide is Now Available
- Winter Leagues: Willy Garcia Homers, Shows Improvements at the Plate
- First Pitch: A Different and Easier Approach to the Pitching Staff This Year
- Edinson Volquez Agrees to Deal With Royals
- Winter Leagues: Two Doubles From Pedro Florimon, Nunez Homers
- The 2015 Prospect Guide Will Be Available This Week
- The Rumors About the Marlins Being Interested in Pedro Alvarez Can Be Put to Rest
- First Pitch: Looking at the Pirates Starting Pitching Depth in 2015 and Beyond