The moment we have all been waiting for has finally arrived. The 2011 Pirates Prospects Annual is now available in paperback form. Finally, after weeks of anticipation, you can physically hold one of the best Pittsburgh Pirates resources in your hands. The hard copy version is very similar to the digital PDF version that went on sale on February 21. The paperback is printed in black and white and a few other formatting changes were necessary to convert it from an e-book, but the majority of the book is identical to the PDF. The Annual is 154 pages of great content and can be yours at the cost of $20. Click here for a free ten-page preview of the book. As a reminder, here are some of the things you will find on its pages.
- Profiles and 2011 projections for all players on the 40-man roster, plus bonus profiles for non-roster players who have received an invite to the major league portion of spring training
- Full career projections for Andrew McCutchen, Pedro Alvarez, Jose Tabata and Neil Walker, plus extensive analysis on the results
- Projected platoon splits for major league position players
- A detailed look at how the Pirates compare to the 24 teams that reached the postseason in 2008 – 2010, broken down by offense, defense, starting pitching and relief pitching
- A comprehensive review of the “Five-Year Plan,” the Pirates failed rebuilding attempt of 1996
- An extensive look at Andrew McCutchen’s defense (Is he as bad as his UZR indicates?)
- Projected 2011 win total
- And more…
You can purchase the Annual by clicking the link at the bottom of this post. It should also be available on Amazon within the next week or so. Feel free to make your purchase through whichever channel you prefer, whether that is Amazon or our personal store found at the link below. The royalties are a little higher if you purchase it through our store, but I have heard that the buying process is a little easier if you go through Amazon. So I will leave that decision up to you.