Kicking off today's A.J. Burnett watch with an update of my own. Last night I wrote in my blog that the Pittsburgh Pirates shouldn't cave to the New York Yankees, and instead should wait them out, hoping the Yankees budge on their demand to get more money or more prospects.

My feeling was that it doesn't make sense for the Pirates to rush to take a deal on Tuesday, paying $13 M to get the deal done early. That's especially the case when you consider the Yankees need to unload Burnett, and there doesn't seem to be a serious market for the right hander outside of the Pirates. The Pirates would be better off waiting, and hoping the Yankees budge from their desire for more money or more prospects.

Today I spoke with a source inside the Pirates' organization that said the Pirates have no ...

To continue reading the rest of this article, subscribe to Pirates Prospects. Subscribers get access to every article on the site, along with all of our exclusive live coverage of the Pirates' minor league system, all for a very low monthly or yearly rate.

If you're already a member, you can log in below. If you think you're receiving this message in error, please e-mail tim@piratesprospects.com.