Good evening from Jet Blue Park in Fort Myers, Fla. The ballpark is also known as Fenway South. The Ballpark looks just like Fenway, green monster and all.
- Right-hander Shairon Martis (two innings) will get the start for the Bucs against righty Clay Bucholz. Martis, 25, will make his first start this spring, second appearance. Martis allowed two unearned runs in two innings against the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Following Martis in relief are Tony Watson (two innings), Daniel McCutchen, Chris Resop, Doug Slaten, Ryota Igarashi and Tim Wood.
- Extra arms from the minors: Kyle Cofield, Kris Johnson.
- Hot bats from the Buccos: Clint Barmes has three hits in his last five at bats. Josh Harrison has reached base safely seven times in his first 10 spring appearences. Starling Marte has eight hits in his last nine at bats. Yamaico Navarro has six hits in his last eight at-bats. Alex Presley has hit safely in all four of his games.
- Pirates lineup:
Jose Tabata 9
Clint Barmes 6
Andrew McCutchen 8
Garrett Jones 3
Nick Evans DH
Pedro Alvarez 5
Brandon Boggs 7
Eric Fryer 2
Jordy Mercer 4
- Replacements: Chase d’Arnaud, Anderson Hernandez, Robbie Grossman, Ramon Cabrera, Gorkys Hernandez, Jake Fox, Yamaico Navarro, Tony Sanchez.
- Extras from minor league camp: Brian Friday, Wesley Freeman, Gregory Polanco.
- Red Sox lineup:
Alfredo Aviles 6
Kevin Youkilis 5
Dustin Pedroia 4
David Ortiz DH
Ryan Sweeny 9
Cody Ross 8
Kelly Shoppach 2
Lars Anderson 3
Josh Kroeger 7
- Neil Walker (low back) is still day to day, but is feeling better. He is scheduled to be a replacement in tomorrow’s game in Bradenton.
- The Pirates will play the Minnesota Twins at McKechnie Field tomorrow at 1:05. Lefty Erik Bedard will start for the Pirates against right-hander Terry Doyle.
- Following Bedard in relief: Jo-Jo Reyes, Joel Hanrahan, Jason Grilli and Juan Cruz.
- The Pirates will also have a B game at Pirate City tomorrow at 10 AM. Chris Leroux will start for the Bucs. Following Leroux are Duke Welker, Evan Meek, Jose Diaz, Mike Crotta and Daniel Cabrera.