Good morning from Pirate City. The Pirates reassigned four players to minor league camp early this morning. Those players included right-handers Daniel Cabrera, Tim Wood, infielder Jeff Clement and outfielder Brandon Boggs. The active roster is currently at 39.
- The Pirates will face the Boston Red Sox today at 1:05. It’s the first of three straight home games at McKechnie Field. The game will be broadcasted on Root Sports. Right-hander Kevin Correia gets the nod against lefty Jon Lester.
- Correia is making his fourth start of the Grapefruit League and has yet to give up a run over his three previous outings (9.0 innings).
- Following Correia in relief today are: Joel Hanrahan, Evan Meek and Juan Cruz.
- Pirates lineup vs. Red Sox:
Jose Tabata 9
Josh Harrison 6
Andrew McCutchen 8
Casey McGehee 3
Neil Walker 4
Matt Hague 5
Yamaico Navarro 7
Michael McKenry 2
Kevin Correia 1
- Extra’s: Nate McLouth, Alex Presley, Jordy Mercer, Eric Fryer, Jake Fox and Nick Evans.
- Extra arms: Doug Slaten, Jo-Jo Reyes
- Red Sox lineup: Pedro Ciriaco 4, Jose Iglesias 6, Kevin Youkilis 5, Adrian Gonzalez 3, Jarrod Saltalamacchia 2, Ryan Lavarnway DH, Josh Kroeger 9, Jason Repko 8, Alex Hassan 7
- The Pirates will face the Tampa Bay Rays tomorrow at 1:05. Righty Jeff Karstens is scheduled to start for the Bucs against James Shields. Jason Grilli, Tony Watson and Daniel Moskos are expected to follow in relief.
- Today will be the fifth sellout of the spring. They had three last year, six in 2010 and a record seven in 2007 and 2008.
- Recent links: