The Pittsburgh Pirates announced on Tuesday that Piratefest will be held at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center on Saturday, December 15 and Sunday, December 16.
The hours for the 23rd annual Pirates indoor themed baseball event are as follows: Friday, December 14 is exclusively for season ticket holders; Saturday, December 15 from 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM; Sunday December 16 from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
This years event will feature the following activities:
- Free autograph sessions with current and former Pirates players and coaches.
- Opportunity to purchase 2013 season and individual game tickets.
- All fans attending PirateFest will receive a 2013 Pirates wall calendar, 2013 pocket schedule and PirateFest program upon entrance.
- A 60 foot replica baseball field to host Youth Baseball Clinics with Pirates coaches.
- Q & A sessions with Pirates executives, coaches and players.
- The chance for fans to join players in versions of “Card Sharks” or “Let’s Make A Deal”, take on Pirates players in Wii Home Run Derby, play “Deal Or No Deal” and take part in pierogie eating contests, sponsored by Mrs. T’s Pierogies.
- Kids Fun Zone featuring many activities for children.
- “Pirates Authentics” area to include game-used jerseys, bats, baseballs and more available for purchase.
- A charity raffle with proceeds to benefit Pirates Charities.
- Inflatable rides, batting cages and carnival games.
- Central Blood Bank will be hosting a Blood Drive for the general public on Saturday, December 15 and Sunday, December 16 (hours TBD) with all participating donors receiving free entry into PirateFest on Saturday or Sunday.
- Information on 2013 Pirates Season Ticket Packages and Group Outings.
- Information on the Pirates 2013 promotional schedule.
Piratefest in 2011 drew 16,574 fans, which marked the second-largest crowd since moving the event to the Convention Center in 2003. Fans are also encouraged to donate a new toy at the Pirates Charities booth throughout the weekend. Those fans who make a donation of any kind will receive a special Pirates gift.
Tickets go on sale Thursday, November 1 at 10:00 AM. Tickets for Piratefest are $12.00 for adults, and $6.00 for fans ages 14 and younger. They can be purchased at www.pirates.com/piratefest or by calling 1-800-BUY-BUCS, or at the door at the Convention Center.