According to Ken Rosenthal, Francisco Liriano is still deciding whether to accept the qualifying offer made by the Pittsburgh Pirates last week. Rosenthal says that the lefty is considering "several options."

Obviously Liriano is still deciding, since we haven't heard anything official either way. However, there's a bit more to this situation. We haven't heard an official announcement on Russell Martin, but there's a 100% chance he is going to decline the offer. The move just hasn't been made official yet. In Liriano's case, there was some speculation that he could accept the offer, rather than potentially damaging his value on the open market. I'd imagine he has been talking to teams, trying to get a feel for what his marke...

To continue reading the rest of this article, subscribe to Pirates Prospects. Subscribers get access to every article on the site, along with all of our exclusive live coverage of the Pirates' minor league system, all for a very low monthly or yearly rate.

If you're already a member, you can log in below. If you think you're receiving this message in error, please e-mail