The Pittsburgh Pirates have sent pitcher Chris Volstad outright to Indianapolis after he cleared waivers on Thursday. Volstad was designated for assignment on Sunday after his brief stay with the Pirates. He pitched two shutout innings in his only appearance with the team last Wednesday. For Indianapolis this year, he has made 12 starts and two relief appearances, posting a 3.43 ERA in 76 innings.
Chris Volstad Sent Outright to Indianapolis
- First Pitch: Major League Baseball is Thriving
- Breaking Down the Pirates’ 2021 Year-End Payroll
- First Pitch: Major League Baseball is Broken
- First Pitch: Do Small Market Fans Really Care About These Remaining MLB Playoff Teams?
- Arizona Fall League Preview: Pirates Have a Talented Group, Though One Prospect Drops Out
- Card of the Day: 1953 Topps Mike Sandlock
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 17th, Pirates Win the 1971 and 1979 World Series
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 16th, Pirates Win Their First World Series Championship
- Card of the Day: 1985 Donruss Brian Harper
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 15th, Pirates Win Their Second Title