Andrew McCutchen has been named the National League Player of the Week for the week ending on August 9th. He hit .563/.652/1.063 last week, driving in eight runs and scoring seven times. He was also the NL Player of the Week at the end of May and has now won the award six times in his career. On the season, McCutchen is hitting .301/.398/.513, which has him ranked fifth in the NL in OPS.
Andrew McCutchen Named the NL Player of the Week
- Breaking Down the Pirates’ 2021 Year-End Payroll
- First Pitch: Major League Baseball is Broken
- First Pitch: Do Small Market Fans Really Care About These Remaining MLB Playoff Teams?
- Arizona Fall League Preview: Pirates Have a Talented Group, Though One Prospect Drops Out
- First Pitch: Which Arbitration Eligible Players Should the Pirates Bring Back?
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 16th, Pirates Win Their First World Series Championship
- Card of the Day: 1985 Donruss Brian Harper
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 15th, Pirates Win Their Second Title
- Card of the Day: 1995 Donruss Studio Carlos Garcia
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 14th, Al Oliver and Two Big World Series Wins